A demo can be viewed here
This is a plugin for sh404sef. So you need to have sh404sef installed as well.!
New features in version 4.0.0:
- allow category path for option "show zoo category"
- category path should be enabled for categories as well
- added debug feature
- new codebase
- bug fixes
New features in version 3.2.0:
- Joomla 3.2 support
- Added option to insert all parent categories into the URL path (only for items!)
- misc bug fixes
New features in version 2.0.0:
- Insert date (based on http://php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php like Zoo's date element)
- Google news numbering (inserts item number as at least three digits using the %i placeholder in the date function)
- Insert title instead of slug (to avoid the -2 suffix issue in the URL). This uses the same function that Zoo uses to strip special characters, but it doesn't add -2, or -2-2 to the URL.
- Added trailing slash option. Now it is possible to remove the trailing slash for categories, in case you want to have a suffix like .html instead
- Should be more robust to user errors (for example in case of invalid links)
As always, please backup and test in a sandbox installation first. Please also keep in my mind, that various settings combinations could create conflicts. Let's say you have two items with two different categories and the same title (of course slugs are different, because Zoo always adds -2 -3 etc) and you decide that you don't want to show the category name in the URL. In that case you would get the same URL for two items (but only one link would be "remembered"). It is your responsibility to ensure that this does not happen.
The plugin doesn't generate any meta data or keywords.
Before you contact support you must have a working sh404sef configuration using the built-in sh404sef Yootheme plugin. This way we can rule out any sh404sef configuration related errors (which happen quite often :-)
- Download, install and configure the latest version of Zoo. Before proceeding, ensure Zoo is functioning normally. The plugin does not work with version 2.4 or lower.
- Download, install and configure the latest version of sh404SEF. Before proceeding, ensure sh404SEF is functioning normally.
- Download the zip file, unzip and install either the j25 or j30 version with menu
Extensions -> Install.
- Configure the plugin in menu
Extensions -> Plugin Manager -> plugin Zoo. You have to save the settings at least once to avoid warnings.
- You should be able to see SEF URLs for ZOO now. If not, please clear the cache and purge any previous SEF or SEO URLs in sh404sef.
- Your plugin configuration should survive minor updates, but it is always better to backup anyway.
- That should be it. If you have any questions, please post in the forum.
- Troubleshooting 1: If you have any invalid links in your Zoo installation, this plugin will throw an error (which is kind of good, because otherwise you wouldn't have noticed that invalid link?). There are a few ways to create invalid links. One way would be to create a Joomla menu entry for Zoo, but without selecting an item or category from the dropdown list on the right hand side. Another one would be to copy and paste a menu link somewhere but delete that menu later. If you click on such a link, you will get a
500 error (even if your SEF extension is disabled). If you fix these invalid links the error will go away.
- Troubleshooting 2: If you experience any Zoo database errors, please make sure that your database type is mysqli and not mysql.
The sh404sef and joomsef plugins produce identical SEF URLs with one exception: The sh404sef plugin adds a
?format=feed suffix for feed URLs.
Here is a screenshot of the settings section: