This Open Graph plugin for Zoo lets you easily customize the Facebook Open Graph tags that are inserted into each Zoo item on your site (but not categories or tags).
A demo can be viewed here
The "Open Graph protocol" is simply a method of including meta information in a web page to allow Facebook to accurately represent the page's content when it is linked to in Facebook. For example, if you have no Open Graph meta tags on a page, Facebook will typically select a random image on the page to represent the content of the page; with the tags, you can specify what image should be shown when someone shares that particular page. (source: fbdevwiki.com)
Please read more about the Open Graph Protocol at Facebook's official documentation for more detailed information.
You can control the following tags:
||see Types documentation
||"proper"/canonical format for URL of current page
||image to associate with the content of the page
||human readable name of the website this page is contained in
||description of the page
||1601 S California Ave
||fully qualified URL to a SWF video
||pixel width of video described in og:video
||pixel height of video described in og:video
||mime-type of video file described in og:video
||fully qualified URL to an audio file
||title of audio described in og:audio
||pixel height of audio described in og:audio
||mime-type of audio described in og:audio
||mime-type of audio file described in og:audio
||UPC code of the item
||ISBN code of book if describing a book
Some are "automated", for example tags like geo data, media mime types, image width etc. And some are not, for example app_id or admin.
If the Facebook debugger is not able to parse your site with or without this plugin, please also try to disable Gzip in Joomla and/or on your server.
- Download, install and configure the latest version of Zoo. Before proceeding, ensure Zoo is functioning normally. If the plugin doesn't work then most likely your Zoo version would be outdated. Please upgrade before asking for support.
- Download the zip file, unzip and install either the j25 or j3x version with menu
Extensions -> Install.
- Enable the plugin in menu `Extensions -> Plugin Manager.
- Navigate to the settings of your Zoo app (via Zoo's Cog Wheel).
- You should be able to see the new
Open Graph layout (column Extension Layouts)
- Assign elements to Open Graph positions.
- That should be it. If you have any questions, please post in the forum.
As always, please backup and test in a sandbox first.
Please see also the screenshot of the Open Graph layout with some example settings (based on Zoo's official demo data).